Subject: Re: [boost] Proposal for new variants of the Boost logo.
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-18 05:51:51

Behalf Of
> Patrick Horgan
> Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2010 7:23 AM
> To: boost_at_[hidden]
> Subject: Re: [boost] Proposal for new variants of the Boost logo.
>
> Paul A. Bristow wrote:
> > Depending on your browser, you will see how nicely the svg version displays
with
> > increasing size - but that the font Denmark chosen isn't supported by
Firefox.
> > I suspect we could use another more common font instead, perhaps Arial
italic?

> The problem with this is that the trademark uses Denmark. It's freely
> available and if pngs for websites are generated on a machine with
> Denmark, then of course it is used.

You are quite right, and the svg *may* only be needed for pdf generation, so
this is a detail that can be sorted by someone who knows more than I.

But I wanted potential users to see what the logos would look like.

I agree too that the red "Inspired by" and "Powered by" would be better if
bigger,
and attach the png versions in a bigger font.

So is there support for optional use of these logos in 'Not-Official-Boost'
docs?

(Using Rene Rivera's new <xsl:param>boost.image="Inspired by Boost.png"
option).

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow