Subject: Re: [boost] is review system in place is extremely slow? (was Re: [rfc] rcpp)
From: DE (satan66613_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-24 12:30:01

on 24.02.2010 at 12:13
 Rutger ter Borg wrote :
> Offload more of the work needed for doing reviews to the community. Make
> that low-barrier, e.g., by making the website interactive( drupal, or the
> like), introducing a couple of on-line tools, like voting systems. Introduce
> forums, etc.

> IMHO, trac / mailing lists are not accessible enough for this more non-
> development oriented stuff.

sorry for offtopic

although i am on this list for only half a year i want to say i find
this mailing list (and perhaps any mailing list) very inconvenient for
the purposes it serves
imho discussion and other activities are MUCH MORE convenient in a
forum-like environment (for example see intel software network:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/)

so i support this suggestion with both my limbs

for example i like SMF based forum engines: http://www.simplemachines.org/
also i believe it is easy to deploy and maintain

--
Pavel