Subject: [boost] Infrastructure (Was: review system in place is extremely slow?)
From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-25 12:27:09

vicente.botet wrote:

>> I have experience with self-organised community of OSGeo Foundation
>> (http://osgeo.org, http://wiki.osgeo.org) which could be compared to
>> Boost as domain-specific (GIS/RS/geo*) community. OSGeo accepts
>> projects by conducting incubation process similar to Boost reviews.
>> Shortly, there is a bunch of projects projects living under the umbrella
>> of OSGeo. Each project gets its own instance of:
>> - overview website at project.osgeo.org or it is a subdomain which
>> points to project own website.
>
> Currently missing in Boost.
>
>> - Trac/Wiki at trac.osgeo.org/project/
>
> Available on request.
>
>> - SVN: at svn.osgeo.org/project/
>
> Already available.

> Available on request.

There are some concerns, actually. For example, our Trac is a bit too slow at
times. As of recent, the amount of spam that hits boost-build mailing list
is going through the rough, presumably due to no filtering. Further, I
don't think it's documented who I am supposed to talk with about those issues.
And even if it were documented, I believe that would be a system administrator
at OSL -- and I would not be comfortable bothering a person who is already
doing us a courtesy.

It probably would be great if Boost had a dedicated server managed by
a couple of folks from the active community.

- Volodya