Subject: Re: [boost] is review system in place is extremely slow? (was Re: [rfc] rcpp)
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-28 12:39:48

On 28 February 2010 16:47, Paul A. Bristow <pbristow_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> But nobody has yet responded to the vital question of whether there are
> resources to support a parallel tree to trunk,
> in addition to sandbox, for what we are calling 'candidate' libraries.

I think I did a while ago. The sandbox used to be organised as a
parallel tree to the main tree (in CVS). It ended up a complete mess.
If someone's willing to actively maintain it, then that might be
averted, but experience suggests that they won't.

But using separate repositories is a much better organisation anyway,
it means that your history doesn't get all messed up as it does in
trunk.

Daniel