Subject: Re: [boost] Summer of Code 2010
From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-05 09:30:11

On 03/01/2010 02:25 AM, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Google Summer of Code will continue in 2010, and I believe the organization applications
> will be accepted starting March 8. Are we going to participate, and if so, who is taking
> responsibility for submitting the application?

Vladimir, Andrew,

this is just a little note to make sure you two are aware of each other
and can plan together on how to move forward for this year's GSoC. I
haven't been reading very carefully the boost lists these days, so I may
have missed some messages. But since this generic call for action
remained unanswered, I figured I better reply...

Also, as a FYI:

One idea I have for a GSoC project sits somewhere in between boost.org
and DocBook: Boost has been developing some DocBook extensions for C++
API documentation. I'd like to move this into the DocBook project, since
it is useful outside of Boost, and also because I hope that it will
generate some interesting side-effects on DocBook itself.

I'm cheerleading the DocBook core developers to register with this
year's GSoC, too, then we need someone who is interested in doing this
work. It might be more of a DocBook project than Boost. Still, we may
want to list it as a project idea on the relevant boost wiki.

See http://docbook.xmlpress.net/tiki-index.php?page=api-markup

Thanks,
         Stefan