Subject: Re: [boost] Summer of Code 2010
From: Andrew Sutton (andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-06 12:10:23

> Google Summer of Code will continue in 2010, and I believe the organization
>> applications
>> will be accepted starting March 8. Are we going to participate, and if so,
>> who is taking
>> responsibility for submitting the application?
>>

> Vladimir, Andrew,
>
> this is just a little note to make sure you two are aware of each other and
> can plan together on how to move forward for this year's GSoC. I haven't
> been reading very carefully the boost lists these days, so I may have missed
> some messages. But since this generic call for action remained unanswered, I
> figured I better reply...

Hi Stefan, Vladimir

We should definitely move forward with this since organization submissions
start in two days. I would be more than happy to submit an application. Who
was responsible for submitting the application last year? Is there a
previous version of the application that we can update and resubmit? The
previous applications don't seem to be accessible from the SoC webapp. If
there's not one available by Monday, I'll just write up a new one.

I can allocate a page on the Wiki for project ideas.

Who is willing to mentor this year?

> One idea I have for a GSoC project sits somewhere in between boost.org and
> DocBook: Boost has been developing some DocBook extensions for C++ API
> documentation. I'd like to move this into the DocBook project, since it is
> useful outside of Boost, and also because I hope that it will generate some
> interesting side-effects on DocBook itself.

I think this is a good idea, but I think you're right... It's probably more
of a DocBook project.

Andrew Sutton
andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden]