Subject: Re: [boost] [SoC] Summer of Code Project Ideas
From: Michele Caini (michele.caini_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-08 10:28:14

Il 08/03/2010 14:52, Andrew Sutton ha scritto:
> I'm officially soliciting ideas for student projects for this year's 2010
> Summer of Code.
>
> [...]
>
> ==Applications of Boost==
> This is a little different... It might be a good idea to have students build
> real (example?) applications that use the Boost C++ Libraries. There are a
> number of real benefits to having students work in this space. First, these
> applications are very obvious clients of Boost. They can provide immediate
> feedback on issues with the interface, usability, correctness, performance,
> documentation, etc. Second, they might make really good examples of best
> practice for using Boost. Third, they probably make nice student projects.

Hi all,
I'm developing a symbolic circuit solutor based on Qt and Boost for my
degree thesis and it will be ready in his first beta version on June.

What about using this as base for an example of Application of Boost?

I use BGL, Property Tree, Any, Variant and so on, so I think it's a good
example of how boost libraries can work together.

Michele