Subject: Re: [boost] Summer of Code 2010
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-08 16:26:59

Christian Henning wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 1:27 PM, Daniel James <dnljms_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> On 8 March 2010 17:52, Andrew Sutton <andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>> I'm a big fan of Doxygen + Quickbook :) Is there a template floating around
>>> that we give to students that will work once they're properly set up their
>>> environments?
>> https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/example/
>>
>> Feel free to make changes.
>
> I think it's good enough as a starting point. What I would like to see
> is a step by step way of installing the quickbook toolset chain to
> compile the docs into html or pdf. I never got it to work on my
> machine. I have read the boost quickdoc documentation but it's not
> really straigh forward.

A week ago or so I was following the installation guide step by step
and I manage to get Quickbook working on Windows Vista 64-bit
without any problems.
On Debian Linux I got it working too by installing a bunch
of packages, compiling quickbook and updating my
$HOME/user-config.jam with this:

# ------------------------
# BoostBook configuration.
# ------------------------
using xsltproc ;

using boostbook
    : /usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/nwalsh
    : /usr/share/xml/docbook/schema/dtd/4.2
    ;

using fop
    : /usr/bin/fop