Subject: Re: [boost] [SoC] Summer of Code Project Ideas
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-09 12:26:46

Vladimir Prus wrote:

>> What could that be?
>>> Compilation farm? Developing regression resting?
>>> May be something like integrating Boost regression tests
>>> with existing systems like Buildbot, Hudson, etc.
>>> This could increase potential of attaching new test environments.
>>>

>> Vladimir Prus has some suggestions on the Boost wiki (
>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2010#Boost.Build).
>
> Now that you mention it, reimplementing test results reporting would be an
> excellent project.

Once upon a time.. I started with step 0 of that. By having bjam be able
to output XML of the build results. With the hope of someone taking that
XML and processing it into some test reporting tools. Not necessarily
rewriting the existing one, but using some externally available ones.
Unfortunately the reporting capabilities of existing tools doesn't
approach the utility of results we currently get (even if we get them at
a high cost).

But some integration of the bjam XML output with other web test report
tools as a GSoC would be great!

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything