Subject: Re: [boost] How to specify Boost headers location properly
From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-11 01:18:26

Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> Vladimir Prus wrote:
>> Daniel James wrote:
>>> If you could fix up the example I created, that would be great. It's at:
>>>
>>> https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/example
>>>
>>> I used João Abecasis' script to find boost, but you might be able to
>>> do something better?
>> The question is whether we should? Putting
>>
>> use-project /boost : some-path ;
>>
>> in user-config.jam is one-time effort, and is probably more reliable
>> than environment variables anyway.
>
> By the way, what is it possible for user to specify this setting in
> site-config.jam, so it's easier to have various projects
> configured to use various versions of Boost installed in user's system?

This can be done in site-config.jam, but it's not clear to me why is
that better. In fact, site-config.jam is probably was too smart idea --
the intention was that 'system administrator' could put various definitions
there to help users, but most users are end users, so don't need to touch
that file.

- Volodya