Subject: Re: [boost] Google Summer Of Code
From: Christian Henning (chhenning_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-18 15:46:50

Hi there,

> I think these would be great components of a "bit-based" proposal. I think
> I'd like to see a compact or compressed vector to replace the 1- and 2-bit
> color maps in Boost (and generalize the concept), and a compact tuple, which
> (I think) is basically what you described for the RGB structure.

Boost::GIL offers such functionality already. There, you can create
bit_aligned images with up to 5 channels in all combinations possible.
Like:

typedef bit_aligned_image1_type< 11, gray_layout_t>::type gray11_image_t;

or

typedef bit_aligned_image1_type< 10, 11, 12, rgb_layout_t>::type
rgb101112_image_t;

etc.

Were you thinking of such a functionality?

Regards,
Christian