Subject: Re: [boost] [log] Boost.Log formal review
From: Roland Bock (rbock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-18 16:42:07

Andrey Semashev wrote:
> I think, it would also make it possible to connect several backends
> with a single frontend and/or a common formatter, which was requested
> during the review.
Yeah, that would be really cool :-) . Currently I am using the logging
functionality provided by the Poco library (http://www.pocoproject.org).
They have a chaining mechanism. This also includes splitters which
distribute log records to several sub-chains.

In "my" scenario, I have a central filter (to block all trace messages,
for instance), a single formatter, a splitter and then the backends
(with their own filters).

Regards,

Roland

PS: I did not even read half of all the mails of this review, but from
what I saw, Boost.Log is going to make quite a leap if you follow up all
the suggestions and discussions. I am very much looking forward to
migrating as soon as the next version is available. Thanks for all the
time and efforts you invest in this project!