Subject: Re: [boost] GSoC 2010 - Boost.Phoenix
From: Thomas Heller (thom.heller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-20 04:00:48

On Friday 19 March 2010 10:42:23 Joel.Falcou_at_[hidden] wrote:
> Thomas Heller wrote:
> > I like the idea of Boost.Phoenix as it is right now.
> > I think an implementation with Boost.Proto seems only natural. I
>
> searched the
>
> > boost SVN repository but i couldn't find the prototypes you mentioned.
> > A link to these would be helpful to be able further look into this
> > project proposal.
>
> Hi Thomas,
>
> There are two prototypes:
> - Eric Niebler made one here :
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/BoostPhoenix3
> - I have a few on my HD currently but none of them are online; I'll fix
> that during the upcoming week.
> There are everythign but fully functionnal but explore variation on how to
> handle the extensibility of the library.

Hi Joel,

Thank you for the wiki url. I will dive into that.
Some general questions:
- The interface should be (more or less) the same as phoenix V2?
- The main extention point for a user should be phoenix::functions?
- What exactly to you want to have in the proposal? function/class interfaces?
  general description of phoenix?

Regards,
 Thomas