Subject: Re: [boost] queries regarding the BigInt project @ GSoc 2010
From: Scott McMurray (me22.ca+boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-20 21:02:03

On 20 March 2010 11:27, Ankit Malpani <ankit.malpani_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> 3. i have no prior experience of using Boost libraries, will this
> prove to be a problem with regard to this project?

Experience with the Boost libraries themselves isn't strictly the
issue, but you do need to be comfortable in Boost-style library
design, which I haven't seen outside the periphery of Boost.

My personal vision of a Boost BigInt project involves both
- A policy-based backend for the numeric operations themselves
- An expression template frontend, probably based off Boost.Proto

There are many C-based BigInt libraries already, so I think Boost is
best situated to offer not yet another one, but instead an elegant C++
wrapper to provide easy of use on top of existing efficiency.

I can't judge your comfort level with those concepts.