Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC] Boost.XML
From: Jens Weller (JensWeller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-20 12:27:56

Hi,

just my thoughts on that.
Currently I'm working on a Project where xerces is used, but I'm also familiar with other parsers.

> How much working knowledge should a student have before trying to work on
> such a project? I must admit I haven't used Boost, nor libxml2 in the
> past,
> so I guess I should start reading documentation about both. I am good in
> C++, and I've been working with XML APIs for years, so that's not a
> problem.
> But the other two (Boost+libxml2) are?

That would be a nice attempt, but I would favor an attempt like arabica does, beeing able to switch the Parser underneath the Framework is always good.

Also note, that boost already includes with propertyTree another XML parser, rapid XML (not sure its exposed). Also rapid XML isn't offering SAX.

Also the old parsers (Xerces, libxml2, expat and others) are usually build for singlethreaded parsing, maybe with spirit it would be possible to write a Parser that could parse a document in multiple threads.

regards,

Jens Weller

jetzt kostenlos herunterladen! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/atbrowser