Subject: Re: [boost] The problems with Boost development
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-21 05:55:39

On 21 March 2010 08:48, Andrey Semashev <andrey.semashev_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Some performance problems of SVN and Trac have been identified by users. I
> think, they resulted from centralized storage of Boost artifacts (which are
> the source code and tickets).

We recently reached bug #4000. Mozilla reached bug 400000 in 2007. If
Trac can't deal with 4000 bugs, then we need a better bug tracking
system. Our branching structure is, as many people have pointed out,
very inefficient. But it's required for our testing setup. If we had
more flexible testing, then we could do better version control.

Daniel