Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost.Locale] More updates
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-21 09:22:27

They might *also* want to see the 'normal' Doxygen display because it is more compact and easier to read.

I find that this especially for 'big' complicated libraries which are well Doxygen commented like Units, SVG Plot (as
opposed to others like Math which have no Doxygen comments - yet - and just use Doxygen as a way or avoiding copying the
class descriptors etc, a immensely tedious and error prone process). I have found it useful to have the Doxygen display
in one window and the html or pdf docs in another window.

(I have also found it very convenient to use the Doxywizard to build the Doxygen version - very quickly, and make sure
that there are no mistakes in the doxygen comments (by checking the log file is empty) as it is *much* more difficult to
trace these once incorporated into the final html or pdf build. Since you have to set up a doxyfile for this anyway, it
would be little trouble to provide this small file as part of the release (perhaps at libs/mylib/docs/doxygen/doxyfile)
so that users can create the Doxygen docs if they wish).

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse