Subject: Re: [boost] The problems with Boost development
From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-21 10:24:59

At Fri, 19 Mar 2010 11:14:32 +0300,
Vladimir Prus wrote:

> Hello,
>
> in a recent post, Dave listed a few things that he thinks are wrong
> with Boost development, at present, quoting:
>
> I know I'm not the first person to notice that, as Boost has grown, it
> has become harder and harder to manage, Subversion is getting slow,
> our issue tracker is full to overflowing, and the release process is a
> full-time job.
>
> It seems to be important, right now, to discuss whether this problems are real,
> and what problems are most important.

This is a great discussion to have; I encourage it for those that are
so inclined. IIUC, we're also going to have a talk about that topic
from Robert Ramey at BoostCon. If you don't see me participating this
time around, don't take it as a lack of support or interest—it's only
because I'm too busy working on (partial) solutions to the
problems-as-I-see-them and having them ready for BoostCon.

Cheers,

--
Dave Abrahams           Meet me at BoostCon: http://www.boostcon.com
BoostPro Computing