Subject: [boost] The problems with Boost development
From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-19 04:14:32

Hello,

in a recent post, Dave listed a few things that he thinks are wrong
with Boost development, at present, quoting:

        I know I'm not the first person to notice that, as Boost has grown, it
        has become harder and harder to manage, Subversion is getting slow,
        our issue tracker is full to overflowing, and the release process is a
        full-time job.

It seems to be important, right now, to discuss whether this problems are real,
and what problems are most important. So, I would like to ask that everybody
who is somehow involved in *development* -- whether in writing code, triaging bugs,
sending patches, or managing thing, list three most important problems with Boost now.
Please keep the items to a sentence or two, so that we can easily collect the
problems.

Here's my take:

    - Unmaintained components. Many authors are no longer active, and we have
      no procedures for taking over.
    - Reviews that are getting rare and, IMO, less interesting then before.
    - Turnaround time of test results

Thanks,
Volodya