Subject: Re: [boost] The problems with Boost development
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-21 12:27:15

Steven Watanabe wrote:
> AMDG
>
> Andrey Semashev wrote:
>> Some have concerns about testing results turnaround. Since now the
>> whole Boost should be tested as a whole, that problem will grow
>> bigger over time. A modular approach would allow each tester to run
>> tests only for one or several libraries and thus produce the results
>> more often.
>
> Nothing outside the regression testing system itself prevents
> testing a single library at a time. The reporting system is
> not designed to handle it, and there would be a few issues
> with the Boost.Build tests, since they aren't handled by bjam.

Also, I'm would like to remind anyone interested that it's
very easy to run tests for one library at a time on your own system
by invoking library_test.sh (or bat) from the library's test directory
This works with the current boost/build bjam files etc. and generates
a table of test results. You don't to wait for tests to be be run for
your platform and the libraries you use.
.
The only thing required is to build one executeable whose
source included in boost - BOOSTDIR/tools/regression/src/library_test..

Robert Ramey