Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC] Boost.XML
From: Andrew Sutton (andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-21 11:18:16

> I'm stumped with all your great ideas, and right now I don't know if all of
> them can be done by only one person in 3 months. In this case, I think it's
> best we ask the mentor for this project, which I believe is Stefan. I'll
> ask
> him to join the discussion if I see him on IRC. 8 days from now, the
> student
> application period begins, and until then I want to be sure what's expected
> of me, so I can write a good proposal. And by the way, is it ok if I ask
> you
> for suggestions writing it?

I would strongly encourage asking for suggestions and asking for reviews of
draft proposals. Hopefully, this will give you a better idea of what you
should be doing and give the potential mentors an idea of what you want to
be doing.

I would start by writing down a list of ideas that have been discussed so
far (multiple parsing backends, interesting parsing techniqes, supported
APIs, etc.). This will help you get a feel for the breadth of possible
projects. That should help you (and us!) figure out the best approach for a
3 month project.

Andrew Sutton
andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden]