Subject: Re: [boost] The problems with Boost development
From: Boris Schaeling (boris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-21 15:27:14

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 18:27:42 +0100, Vladimir Prus <ghost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> [...]Why would Boost.Build support patches? The procedure for making
> maintenance
> release is pretty straigh-forward:
>
> 1. "svn merge -c" the fix to maintenance branch.
> 2. create a tarball/zip from the maintenance branch

Well, it's always pretty straight forward for someone. :) But if everyone
has to use bjam anyway to build the libraries I think there will be less
willingness to install and learn another tool only to apply patches?

As I'm not asking for a component-based approach either I have to forward
the question though: Does Vladimir's proposal make sense to those who are
looking forward to a Boost.UUID fix and don't want to wait for the next
official release?

Boris