Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC] Boost.XML
From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-22 15:11:38

On 03/22/2010 02:55 PM, Andrew Sutton wrote:

> If you would like to get involved, I would be happy. But I shall retract it
>
>> from the list of GSoC ideas, for the aforementioned reasons.
>>

> I hope you'll reconsider. I think having a student build another back end or
> two and work on polishing the interface would make a pretty good summer
> project.

Hmm, that does indeed sound like a good idea. How can we phrase that to
be productive, though ?

What I would certainly support (and mentor) is a project where another
XML "backend" is provided next to libxml2, and by doing this helping us
make sure the (prospective) boost.xml API is indeed robust enough for
such a switch (similar to boost.mpi, perhaps).

How does this sound ? Is there any interest in this ? Such an endeavor
may also help rebut some of the arguments against the current approach,
and thus help move us further towards an acceptable and official solution.

Thanks,
         Stefan