Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC] Introduction and questions
From: Felipe Tanus (fotanus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-22 16:44:17

> Hi Felipe,
>
> I have to admit that I don't know much about this work... However, you
> might
> look at this site [1] to what works has been done (or hasn't). Hopefully,
> Boris can provide more information regarding this project.

Hi Andrew,

         Thanks for the answer. Actually I already read the documentation
provided by boost about the status of the project. A lot of work are already
done, but I'm sure it still a good part, principally about the interface.

        My plans include some good interface to the user in aspects like
access other process from the computer with signals, and search processes
that are currently running. For this, I should read about the process
architecture in both platforms to see what can be done, and what is
impossible. With this I also could find some common points in both
architectures to bring to the boos.process. That is the kind of material I'm
looking for. If someone can point me out something to read about this, would
be nice.

        The APIs are well documented on man and MSDN, so I'm not really
worried about this part.

        Another question about the proposal: Does the scheduling and
milestones must be extremely precise?

--
Felipe de Oliveira Tanus
E-mail: fotanus_at_[hidden]