Subject: Re: [boost] GSoC 2010 idea
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-22 18:00:07

Stewart, Robert wrote:
> Viktar Sialiuk wrote:
>>
>> We have ability to generate OOP wrappers by the XSD schema in
>> the popular
>> languages( such as Java or C#) but have not in the C++.
>> With such a tool we will be able to generate C++ classes or
>> structures with
>> functionality of serialization/deserialization from/to XML.
>> Implementation of SOAP webservice client will be easy task( or
>> writing webservice itself).
>> We can create tool (for example xsd2cpp) under boost.xml
>> library and include it to the boost.build.
>
> Are you aware of XSD (<http://www.codesynthesis.com/products/xsd/>)?

Along these lines, it always seemed to me that someone might want
to make a variation of xml_oarchive which wrote out an xml
schema rather than the xml data. I don't know so much about
xml so as to know it would be useful, but I don't think it would
be very hard to do.

Unlike most of the GSOC projects proposed, it would actually
be doable in the time alloted.

Robert Ramey