Subject: Re: [boost] GSoC 2010 idea
From: Andrew Sutton (andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-22 20:02:00

Hi Robert,

Unlike most of the GSOC projects proposed, it would actually
> be doable in the time alloted.

I've done my best to make sure that project ideas are realistic in scope,
and I think that most proposals have been (more or less) reasonable in
ambition. If there are any that you feel are obviously over-ambitious, I'd
certainly appreciate knowing.

Please keep in mind, that the yardstick I've been using to measure "doable"
isn't the same as "can be accepted into Boost". I don't think we've ever had
a GSoC project finish in August and be part of Fall release. It's seems to
be 6+ months for extensions, 1+ years for libraries. The reason for this is
an entirely different discussion that's well beyond my control, so let's
steer clear of it for now :)

Andrew Sutton
andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden]