Subject: Re: [boost] 5 Observations - My experience with the boost libraries
From: Tom Brinkman (reportbase2007_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-24 10:24:41

> Sorry to say, but as a graphics programer, C++ is practically
> useless. Its all C.

>>> Ah, now we come to the crux of the matter. In your world, "C++ is practically useless," >>> so that generalizes to the rest of the programming world and means Boost isn't relevant >>> to today's programmers.

I should restate my point here. In hard-core graphics programming,
its all just about manipulating memory buffers. Which, for the most
part, is just straight "C", or for many just assembly language.

Yes, lots of assembly language is still done in graphics programming.

I in now way tried to generalize that boost isn't relevent to todays
programmers.

Quite the contrary -- boost is my favorite place to see what the
"experts" are up to in the "functional" space.

In my view, boost developers are the best of the best. I really believe that.