Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC] Some Ideas about the Boost.Process
From: Felipe Tanus (fotanus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-24 16:51:07

Hi Bytheway, thank you for your relpy.

> There are executables that behave differently depending on the name in
> argv[0], such as ccache (http://ccache.samba.org/) which emulates
> different compilers.  Normally this happens by creating appropriately
> named symlinks, but perhaps someone might want to do it directly?  Would
> the current interface support that?

      Yes, the current interface support it, but also is needed to
every process launched set an argv[0]. I'm proposing to give a choice
to the user, creating a new method that do it automatically. It's a
simple add to the library that would generate more readable codes by
decreasing the redundancy.

   []'s

--
Felipe de Oliveira Tanus