Subject: Re: [boost] gil::io "non-review" (was: [gil] Can not open test.jpg)
From: John Bytheway (jbytheway+boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-24 17:07:08

On 24/03/10 20:13, Christian Henning wrote:
> I have updated and uploaded the code. If someone could have a look I
> would really appreciate it.
>
> http://gil-contributions.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/gil_2/boost/gil/extension/io_new/formats/jpeg/read.hpp
> http://gil-contributions.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/gil_2/boost/gil/extension/io_new/formats/jpeg/write.hpp

I glanced at it, and saw nothing else wrong, but I haven't been remotely
thorough :).

> Am I correct to mark up the write operations with setjmp's, as well?

I imagine so.

> Does someone has an idea how to deal with multi-threaded scenarios?

The jpeg_compress_struct (and its friends) has a void* client_data. If
you make the jmp_buf a local variable and pass it through to the error
handler using that field then I think everything should be OK?

John Bytheway