Subject: Re: [boost] Transfer of Maintenance Rights
From: Christian Holmquist (c.holmquist_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-25 16:30:35

On 25 March 2010 13:26, Stewart, Robert <Robert.Stewart_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Nevin Liber wrote:
> > On 25 March 2010 07:14, Stewart, Robert
> > <Robert.Stewart_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > > If you find that you can no longer fulfill your
> > > responsibilities as maintainer of a library, you are
> > > responsible to advertise this to the Boost community. If you
> > > are the sole maintainer, you are responsible to find a replacement.
> >
> > I don't see why we need this. If the author has already abandoned the
> > library, I just don't see them suddenly coming back and spending
> > energy to find their replacement.
>
> That part is addressed to maintainers that haven't actually abandoned their
> library yet but know they must do so.

Which libraries are in the state of no maintainer and how serious are their
bug lists at this moment?

I follow the boost lists on an every day basis, both for personal interest,
and because I maintain, patch and upgrade the boost package in our
production code base (it's a good way to find issues that I might need to be
aware of). I have not had any problems with abandoned libraries, and we use
about half of the amount of libs listed (
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_42_0/libs/libraries.htm).

I think a summary of abandoned libs would be good start. Or is there one
already?