Subject: Re: [boost] Transfer of Maintenance Rights
From: Jim Bosch (talljimbo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-27 21:50:59

On Sat, 2010-03-27 at 14:14 -0700, Marshall Clow wrote:
> On Mar 27, 2010, at 7:52 AM, Edward Diener wrote:
> > There does seem, from this end-user's perspective, some libraries
> where the original developer does not seem to be working on it
> anymore, whether to fix bugs, update docs, or possibly to make
> changes. This is quite understandable if a library does not need
> changes aside from the very occasional bug, which is probably the case
> with many libraries. I will cite a few where it seems to me that the
> original developer is nowhere around anymore, but this is just
> subjective and I might be totally wrong:

There is at least some perception that Boost.Python is somewhat
unmaintained, even though its authors are still very active in boost
development in general - a project I'm working with cited the "lack of
active development" in Boost.Python as a major reason they chose to use
SWIG instead (and I think that's a terrible shame, because I personally
like the Boost.Python approach better).

Jim Bosch