Subject: [boost] [lock-free] CDS -yet another lock-free library
From: Khiszinsky, Maxim (Maxim.Khiszinsky_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-27 16:01:40

Hi,
I'd like to present to boost community the CDS (Concurrent Data Structure) C++ library at libcds.sourceforge.net. It is an attempt to generalize well-known lock-free (and a few lock-based) data structures discovered by famous researches (M.Michael, N.Shavit and others). The library is mostly header-based, only the kernel of light-weight memory managers is resided in small dynamic library.
The CDS library supports a set of modern processor architectures: x86, amd64, ia64, sparc; compiler supported is GCC 4 and MS Visual C++ 2008. The last CDS release 0.6.0 is developed close to C++ Memory Model proposal.
I need the recommendations from boost community about :
1. Are the atomic primitives implemented correct for each of supported
processor?.. I'm not an expert in this area...
2. Is the memory order constraint (from C++1x proposal) choosed
correctly for lock-free data structure implementation?.. I known it is very large and magic question. Maybe, somebody analyzes the library code and find the errors.

And I be very glad if anybody joins to CDS project. It is very interesting area of computing science with nonstandard algorithms and crazy implementation (and debugging notably).