Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC] Boost.XML
From: Ilie Halip (lupuroshu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-28 05:26:17

Well, I've looked over a few projects, but I haven't been able to find a
candidate better than Xerxes. I made a list of desired features (such as
validation, error reporting, ability to parse XML chunks from strings,
availability of a Dom-like interface) and just browsed documentation, looked
at examples, reading through header files... Specifically, I looked at
TinyXml, expat, ezXml, mini-xml, Parsifal, and 2-3 others I can't remember.

Aside from a multitude of features which others lack, Xerxes also prides
itself with conformance with a number of W3C standards and recommendations.
So I guess this is the way to go. I downloaded the 3.1.0 version, and
already started looking through the samples.

Also, I had 2 other questions.
1. Except the student-mentor discussions, reports, code reviews... is there
anything else expected from me? I know other organizations require students
to maintain wiki pages about their progress, or blog about it.
2. Is it a problem if I also apply for another project of another
organization? Because I will be competing with other students, and I might
not succeed.

Thanks,
Ilie.