Subject: Re: [boost] [MSM] using irow "internal transitions" and constructorarguments for frontend ?
From: Christophe Henry (christophe.j.henry_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-30 14:30:08

Hi,

>We have seen that there was a review early this year is there a boost
>version where msm will be officially part of boost lib ?.

I'm finishing it and hope to bring it into the 1.43. Hopefully, the
newest version will be online in a few days. If you cannot wait, I can
send it to you before.

>Is anybody used boost::msm in a real life project is there any
>measures about stability ?.

I did but I'm biased ;-)
Seriously, I know a few people who did and reported here and there a
bug (which is usually corrected very fast) but nothing critical.
I'd also be interested in live reports.

>Furthermore we had the following problems during our evaluation:
>
>1.) in the documentation there is a section about internal transitions
>using irow :

I think this is in the documentation from the sandbox, not the vault.
The doc in the sandbox is not up to date because I made an almost full
rewrite. MSM 2.0 supports no internal transitions, but the subject was
brought by Michael Caisse during the review and the coming version
2.10 has them. The sandbox version also has internal transitions and
is usually up to date, except, as I said, the doc (but not for long).

>2.) State machine constructor with arguments in the documentation
>there is an example but we did not managed to get it working
>
>is this example correct in the documentation ?.

The example is correct and should work but I admit I'm unsure if it
was already in the 2.0. I guess not. Please try the sandbox or the
coming 2.10.
But thanks for telling me, I just realize I forgot this part in the
new doc, so I will add it.

Thanks,

Christophe