Subject: Re: [boost] Boost Digest, Vol 2869, Issue 5
From: Yaroslav Vorontsov (DarthYarius_0990_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-03 00:47:57

>> > I have some ideas about implementing graph connectives. I think that the
>> > best way to implement first four binary operations (union, join,
>> > intersection and difference) is to use adjacency matrices.
>> >

> I think variants of these algorithms for non-adjacency matrices are just as
> important. It would be best to focus on these problems and their generic
> solution than to propose more solutions for a smaller set of graphs.

OK, let it be so. The implementation of graph connectives using the
adjacency matrices isn't too difficult. Regarding adjacency lists or
incidency matrices, it's more difficult and intererestring to perform
such operations.
I meant that it's more convenient to do the operations for adjacency
matrices and then to convert them into another graph representation, but
now I doubt that this will be more effective (it needs some time to
convert a graph from one representation to another (and a lot of
memory), and the algorithm needs time and memory, too).