Subject: [boost] [msm] new version available
From: Christophe Henry (christophe.j.henry_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-05 09:12:14

Hi all,

I just finished the newest MSM version. Unfortunately, I'm afraid I'm
a bit late to get it shipped with boost v1.43 but at least it will
give us time to have a look at it.
What is new:
- the doc was rewritten almost from the ground up.
- internal transitions: for all front-ends, and both ways: either in
the transition table or inside state's internal transition tables
- more row types (yes, even more) allowing actions to be defined in
state machines or in states
The last 2 points aim at making states more useful

- some performance gain
- new eUML syntax to get rid of parens and to better support attributes
- policy for better compile-time at cost of dispatch speed.
And a few minor improvements.

It was not possible to implement every wish and excellent idea offered
during the review at this point, but they are in no way forgotten and
I do not intend to stop development now.
I'm interested in any comments, especially about the doc, which, like
everything new, probably is not perfect but I hope, still an
improvement.

You can find the new version, like always:
- in the Vault (http://www.boostpro.com/vault/index.php?directory=Msm)
- in the sandbox (http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/msm/)

Regards,

Christophe