Subject: Re: [boost] [msm] new version available
From: Christophe Henry (christophe.j.henry_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-09 12:51:11

> The new package on Vault is missing boost/msm/back/default_compile_policy.hpp.
> Everything seems to compile fine once I grabbed it from the sandbox, so I assume
> the other files in the package are the proper versions.

I found the problem. SVN refuses to correctly update the directory I
used to build the zip. Even cleanup has no effect, so I will delete
the whole stuff and checkout again.
There are actually 2 important files missing, so I had no other choice
than to upload the correct version again. For all who downloaded from
the vault, sorry about it, you will need to download again (the
sandbox is ok though).

> Also, I very much dislike that metafunctions.hpp does 'namespace mpl =
> boost::mpl;' in global scope. Isn't putting anything in global scope against the
> boost guidelines? Even if not, I find it quite inappropriate to inject another
> library's namespace into global scope.

This line is not even needed as all mpl types are qualified inside the
library with ::boost::mpl so I just removed the line. This problem is
there since at least the 1.20 and went unnoticed.
Sadly, some of the tutorials fail to fully qualify the mpl types, so I
updated them too.

Both versions, sandbox and vault should now be up to date and with
these 2 problems solved.

Thanks,
Christophe