Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC] Boost.Matrix RFC
From: Andrew Sutton (andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-06 09:11:49

> Last year I submitted a proposal for Boost.Matrix as a GSoC project,
> that provoked quite a bit discussion. Considering the fact that it
> wasn't unanimously rejected, and that a few things have changed since
> then (Boost.Geometry acceptance) as did my skills, I'd like to take
> the liberty of resubmitting my proposal to the list, with a request
> for comments. The proposal follows:

Hi Kornel,

I think this is a fine idea for a SoC project. It's certainly much more
focused than the patterns proposal from your previous post :) I would
encourage you to develop this proposal ahead of the other. This already
seems very clear and would probably make a good submission as is.

That said, this will probably (hopefully) generate a lot of feedback again
this year. I realize that the proposal will not satisfy everybody's needs,
nor will it compete with some of the more mature LA libraries out there, but
I think it would provide a nice starting point for a larger, more feature
rich matrix library.

Andrew Sutton
andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden]