Subject: Re: [boost] [utility/result_of] decltype-based implementation breaking valid code on msvc-10
From: Thomas Klimpel (Thomas.Klimpel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-06 09:10:17

Mathias Gaunard wrote:
> MSVC10 isn't even released yet.
> Why bother with a non-stable compiler?

Good question. It will be released in a few days, and we basically expect that the behavior of the final compiler will closely match the behavior of the RC. I also know of an issue of Boost.Iterator with MSVC-10 (<http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2010/03/163133.php>), but I will wait until the final release of MSVC-10 is available before I start to push on it.

One reason to start early with a non-stable compiler is that misbehavior in core libraries like utility/result_of or Boost.Iterator causes failures in dependent libraries, and these indirect failures can be difficult and time consuming to track down.

Regards,
Thomas