Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC] Boost.Matrix RFC
From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-06 15:33:14

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 7:55 AM, Kornel Kisielewicz
<kornel.kisielewicz_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> However, this idea was violently rejected by some last year, including
> by Emil Dotchevski (author of the submitted Boost.LA) -- up to the
> point that he wrote a blog post about it :
> http://www.revergestudios.com/reblog/index.php?n=ReCode.MathLibrary

Yes, that discussion did prompt my blog post, though it does not
critique or even mention your proposal, it critiques the game
development community. I do not think that that community will ever
use a Boost matrix/vector lib; they won't even use the matrix/vector
library they wrote last year. :)

If you read my proposal you'll see that I'm using a radically
different approach to yours. Both proposals have merit.

One way to move forward is to have the two libraries reviewed, the end
result might be that none is accepted, only one is, or both are.
Alternatively, we can work together to merge the two proposals, I am
not against that.

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.