Subject: Re: [boost] [config] vc10 and BOOST_NO_DECLTYPE
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-19 18:28:20

On 4/19/2010 5:45 AM, Beman Dawes wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 3:49 PM, Eric Niebler <eric_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> The issue is whether the decltype keyword is too broken on VC10 to define
>> BOOST_NO_DECLTYPE. I think it /may/ be, so we should define it just to be
>> safe, at least for 1.43.
>
> Eric, where do we stand on this? Does the VC10 decltype problem in the
> beta still exist in the final release of VC10?

The bug is not in VC10 per se, but in the specification of decltype. An
issue has been raised with the standardization committee and proposed
wording has been suggested. Hopefully, it'll make it into C++0x Final.

What that means for Boost.Config is unclear to me. We may decide to
define a defect macro for this particular buggy decltype behavior, since
gcc's decltytpe works this way, too.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing