Subject: Re: [boost] Volunteering to fix inspection issues
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-20 12:41:03

On 4/19/2010 2:42 PM, Marshall Clow wrote:
> On Apr 19, 2010, at 8:59 AM, Jeremiah Willcock wrote:
>
>> I am willing to do another sweep for tabs, files not ending in newlines, easy-to-fix broken links, etc. in the trunk and/or release branch. Should I do that? I did this before, but do not remember the procedure fully. I'm assuming that I do the fixes in the trunk then (maybe) merge them into the release branch using SVN. Is that the right procedure? Are there any limits on which libraries I should do fixes in (other than the inspection code itself which purposely has issues)? Should I pull changes over to the release branch for cosmetic things (after testing them on the trunk)?
>
> I introduced a couple of TABS into boost/array.hpp.
> Fixed on the trunk (revision 61415)
>
> Ok to merge to release?
> (no other changes)

Meta: please don't hijack threads. It makes it harder for Jeremiah to
get a response to his post, and makes it impossible for the release
managers to spot your request. In the future, start a new thread with an
appropriate subject line.

To answer your question, I think we're only fixing bugs at this point.
The tabs can wait.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing