Subject: Re: [boost] Volunteering to fix inspection issues
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-20 12:47:42

On 4/19/2010 8:59 AM, Jeremiah Willcock wrote:
> I am willing to do another sweep for tabs, files not ending in newlines,
> easy-to-fix broken links, etc. in the trunk and/or release branch.
> Should I do that? I did this before, but do not remember the procedure
> fully. I'm assuming that I do the fixes in the trunk then (maybe) merge
> them into the release branch using SVN. Is that the right procedure?
> Are there any limits on which libraries I should do fixes in (other than
> the inspection code itself which purposely has issues)? Should I pull
> changes over to the release branch for cosmetic things (after testing
> them on the trunk)?

Jeremiah,

Thanks for volunteering! Yes, that sounds like a good procedure. I don't
think we need to get every maintainers' permission to fix tabs and
newlines in their code. Trunk first, then merge to release. (That could
prove tricky if your changes conflict with other unmerged changes. Oh
well.) I would avoid making cosmetic changes -- just the inspection
stuff. (E.g., don't change formatting at all. Seems innocuous, but it
can make diffs difficult.)

Again, thanks!

--
Eric Niebler