Subject: Re: [boost] [1.43][beta] Fix for MPL under gcc 4.5
From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-21 13:20:41

> be
> >>
> >> I thought MPl was actively maintained considering its use.
> >
> > It's maintained but slowly. It's pretty stable so that's mostly okay.
> > New versions of gcc do seem to throw up problems (there were also
> > issues with gcc 4.4).
> >
> >> Anyway to get something done somehow ?
> >
> > I guess that step 1 would be to find an appropriate person to accept
> > the ticket and check a fix into trunk.
>
> We spoke on IRC and Hartmut has volunteered to commit the fix, babysit
> the test results and then say when the change is ready for merge.
> I guess we have a plan now.

I applied the patch after regenerating the affected preprocessed files. Here
is the commit message:

(In [61467]) MPL: fixed #4061: gcc-4.5 compilation problems related to
arity_helper, applied attached patch to the main aux_/template_arity.hpp and
regenerated the corresponding file preprocessed/gcc/template_arity.hpp. No
other preprocessed files are affected.

This patch seemed to be fine as all it does is to qualify an internal name
in order to avoid it being looked up through ADL. This appears to be
reasonably safe as this name is internal and not supposed to be found using
ADL in the first place.

Regards Hartmut

Meet me at BoostCon
www.boostcon.com