Subject: Re: [boost] [geometry] few questions
From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-23 03:55:33

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 12:19 AM, Barend Gehrels <barend_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> In fact, since you are well into the subject, perhaps you could tell
>> me if there are anywhere in boost a vector dot product and cross
>> product implemented?
>
> I know that Emil's library of which I hope it is reviewed soon does have it:
>
> http://www.revergestudios.com/boost-la/
>
> If accepted, we plan to merge vector operations / let them interoperate
> between geometries.

For Janek's sake, you just define a simple traits type for any vector
type, and the generic vector operations in (Boost) LA kick-in
automatically.

>> Last but not least - I am doing frequently a 3D rotation of 3D points
>> using quaternions for that (this could work with rotation matrices
>> too). I suppose that I would need to implement this myself to "link"
>> boost::quaternion with boost::geometry::point3d.

I've also implemented generic quaternion operations in (Boost) LA that
kick-in for user-defined types, but I haven't yet published that code
because I haven't got a chance to update the documentation. Hopefully
soon.

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.