Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC] Bonding period
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-28 14:25:44

On 27 April 2010 22:20, Andrew Sutton <andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> That's a good question. It's been so long since I figured out how to do that
> I'm not sure I remember :) This is one of those things that once you learn
> to do once, you just end up copying around and forgetting about it.
>
> I think I've been using an environment variable, BOOST_ROOT to point to
> ~/boost/trunk. I forget if bjam will automatically recognize that or not. If
> not, you might look at some of the bjam files in the Boost.Math library.
> That library seems to get the build environment "just right" :)

I think you need to include a 'project-root.jam' which tells boost
build to use the environment variable. I created an example of how a
sandbox library might be structured here:

https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/example/

Although others might disagree with how I set it up. A little while
ago I noticed that someone else had the same idea before me, although
I haven't looked into it yet:

https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SandboxTemplate

Daniel