Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC] Bonding period
From: Andrew Sutton (andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-27 17:20:43

> is there some documentation on how to build a library, that is not placed
> in
> the boost root?
> like if i have boost trunk somewhere on the filesystem and my project at
> sandbox/myproject/boost and sandbox/myproject/libs, how can i integrate the
> build system correctly? i remember, i once tried it, but in the end, i gave
> up ...

Hi Tim,

That's a good question. It's been so long since I figured out how to do that
I'm not sure I remember :) This is one of those things that once you learn
to do once, you just end up copying around and forgetting about it.

I think I've been using an environment variable, BOOST_ROOT to point to
~/boost/trunk. I forget if bjam will automatically recognize that or not. If
not, you might look at some of the bjam files in the Boost.Math library.
That library seems to get the build environment "just right" :)

Andrew Sutton
andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden]