Subject: Re: [boost] [any] boost::get style accessors
From: Christoph Heindl (christoph.heindl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-29 01:25:29

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 7:21 PM, Stefan <mstefanro_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> You may want to extend this by adding support for get(any*) and get(any
> const*).

Good catch.

> Also, for making them usable interchangeably via boost::get, you
> need them to throw the same exception. Therefore, in case you are using
> boost::any, you probably want to rethrow bad_any_cast to bad_get.

Is bad_get used by any other boost::get than the one of
boost::variant? If not, I think sticking to the libraries 'native'
exceptions is OK.

Is there any interest in adding this to boost.any? From the boost
documenation page it seems that Kevlin Henney is the maintainer.
Should I contact him personally or raise a trac ticket?

Best regards,
Christoph