Subject: Re: [boost] running the regression tests with SunCC 5.9
From: Frank Meerkötter (meerkoetter_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-29 09:06:28

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 8:26 PM, Belcourt, Kenneth <kbelco_at_[hidden]> wrote:
[...]
> Basically Boost.Build is saying there's no user-config.jam so it's
> defaulting to gcc (your system's default gcc seems to be version 3.4.3).
>
> Here's what some of my user-config.jam look like (and you may need to
> implement a patch_boost script to copy user-config.jam into the correct
> locations).
>
> using gcc
>  : 3.4.6
>  : /usr/local/bin/g++
>  : <cflags>"-mcpu=v9"
>    <cxxflags>"-mcpu=v9"
>    <linkflags>"-mcpu=v9"
>    <linker-type>sun
>  ;
>
> using sun
>  : 5.10
>  : /opt/sunstudio12.1/bin/CC
>  : <cflags>"-features=tmplife -features=tmplrefstatic"
>    <cxxflags>"-features=tmplife -features=tmplrefstatic"
>    <linkflags>"-features=tmplife -features=tmplrefstatic"
>  ;

Thank you. Now it works.

btw. no that the complete test suite has build i would like to have a
look at a number of failed tests before starting the whole regression
test suite again. Can you tell me how i would, for example, just run
the unit tests for asio (or any other library)? I assume i do this by
going to the test directory of a given library and executing a certain
bjam target?

For the asio case i can find a JamFile and a JamFile.v2 which should i
pick? Will it pick up my user-config.jam i have placed in my $HOME?

Thanks!

KR,
   Frank