Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC] Helping out Phoenix v3
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-29 13:54:03

On 4/2/2010 7:05 PM, Eric Niebler wrote:
> On 4/2/2010 6:42 PM, Joel de Guzman wrote:
>> Eric, could you send me the latest and the greatest of your
>> port for me to upload it somewhere prominent?
>
> My first attempt at a proto/phoenix port is in boost svn at
> branches/proto/v4/boost/phoenix, but that was only ~80% finished, and
> ultimately abandoned because I thought the architecture was poor.
>
> I had planned to start from scratch and was prepared to make any changes
> necessary to proto to fully support a clean phoenix design with good
> compile times, but never got much further than the mini-phoenix that I
> posted to the wiki here:
>
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/attachment/wiki/BoostPhoenix3/miniphoenix.cpp

I've uploaded a simplified and cleaner version of this prototype here:

https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/attachment/wiki/BoostPhoenix3/miniphoenix2.cpp

It requires proto on boost trunk. At some point, I'll need to add to
proto a hook to make it simpler to customize the terminal capture behavior.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing